mercredi 24 octobre 2012

Juan Carlos Ferrero ends career in Valencia !


Juan Carlos played yesterday the last match of his career , as a single professional player , vs his teammate at his academy , Nicolas Almagro . Unfortunately Juan Carlos lost 5-7/3-6 and at the end we could feel a lot of emotions from both players mainly when the crowd paid a tribute to Juan Carlos ! 
Here is what Juan Carlos said at the press conference :

"This is a very special week, a very emotional week," said Ferrero. "Today on court it was very emotional, but it's been very emotional since the tournament started.

"There were two sides of the coin to playing against Nico . When I first saw the draw, I was really not happy because he was one of the few players I didn't want to play. We're best friends, we practise together, and Nico is also trying to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. I was really not happy, but then, the nice side of it is that I played my last match against a very important person for me, a great friend."

He may be hanging up his racquet, but Ferrero still intends to stay involved in the tennis world. As well as running his academy, the Juan Carlos Ferrero – Equelite in Villena, the Spaniard revealed he may take up a coaching role with Almagro next season.

"There's a good chance that I will be travelling with Nico to a few tournaments next year, maybe as a coach. It was nice to play my last match against him ." said Juan Carlos who doesn't "rule out playing some double tournaments in 2013 to enjoy."

He added : I've always been a very competitive person and a winner, and I felt like I didn't have it within me anymore . It takes a lot to keep up with what the level is. I could probably still be around for some time, but because I've always been a perfectionist, I want to stop now."


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire